Thursday, March 5, 2009

Quick One for the Weekend

I'll drop down a post now, since I think the next few days will go by in a blur ...

It's been a pretty standard week: school, work, volunteering, etc. We're really enjoying the nicer weather ... it's supposed to be in the low 50s today and tomorrow. The kids have spent a bit of time outside, and I'm sure will continue to. Cyndie was outside trimming some of the bushes around the house in preparation for the coming of spring. Ah spring, won't that be great! It always amazes me how warm 45 degrees feels at this time of year, especially when I think back to the fall, and 45 degrees feeling really cold then!

This weekend will be a busy one. Cyndie will be doing a lot of set up for the MOPS Spa Night that she's been really involved with. I'll be gone (leaving tomorrow morning) for Men's retreat up in the UP (that's the Upper Pennisula of Michigan for those of you not in the know of the local lingo).

Last night Cyndie and I were talking, and realizing that this year is our 15th wedding anniversary! Wow! So we're thinking about what we'd like to do, and what we can afford. As of now, our best idea is to line up some babysitting (as in 3 - 7 days worth ... hint, hint family), and then allocate however much we can afford. Then when the time comes, we'll just look for some last minute travel bargain. If nothing works out, we'll just hit the road and explore! So chime in with your great suggestions!

No comments: