Monday, October 12, 2009

A Monday Morning

Monday is here again ... oh Monday, you come too soon!

What did the weekend hold? Let's see ...
  • Cyndie left around 1 to go to the scrap booking retreat. She had a really good time and was very productive too!
  • Grandma and Grandpa D came over to share our load of Beef Stroganoff with us on Friday night.
  • On Saturday, the kids and I hit the Dollar Store to buy some Halloween decorations. They each received $4 to spend, and we came back with lots of pumpkin themed decorations. Now the family room, kitchen, and front door are all Halloweened up!
  • The weather continues to be ... shall we say, brisk? Lots of frost on the ground in the mornings, and some ice on the cars. Last night after the kids hit the sack I was out on the deck and there was some ice in a little pool of water! There were even a few flurries on Saturday afternoon.
  • The girl scout cookie push appears to be slowing. I think Emma has depleted her reserve readily available cookie buying fodder (our neighborhood, relatives, friends), and as such, the big push is probably at an end.
  • The kids and I went down to the Crystal Lake cousins' place for a short over night. Everyone did fairly well, and a good time was had by all. Emma and Sarah came up with big plans for a Thanksgiving show they want to put on when the whole fam is together for Thanksgiving. We'll see if they stick to it enough to make that a reality. There were walks in the cold, lots of playing with cars and dolls, and a couple of treasure hunts. The adults even managed to sneak a movie in after the kids hit the sack.
  • Had church in the evening again (the new "normal" time). I kept greeting everyone with "good morning". I think that's ingrained in me from 34 years (minus 10 months when we lived in Torrance) of attending church in the morning!
  • I spent some time on Friday and Saturday working on painting the dining room and putting up some trim in there. It's looking pretty good, but there is still lots of work to do!
So there's the activities of a busy weekend in eight neatly bulleted points!

No comments: