Friday, November 13, 2009

Home Schoolin' It

Well, with a half day of school at Woods (which means Tim has no school), and Emma home with her eye issue, Cyndie decided that we'd do home school for the kids today. We had picked up Emma's missed work during our parent/teacher conference time yesterday evening. So she and the kids drew up a schedule for the day and now we're midway through. For "health" class, the kids took baths. I saw Emma and Cyndie in Emma's room after that working on something. Timmy and Cyndie did a kitchen related experiment while Emma and I worked on her homework from school ... drawing a map of an island with lots of different elements (rivers, cities, mountains, etc). The map included a key, and, of course, a compass rose.

Now the kids and Cyndie are headed out for a hike, and later on we're going to take a bike ride over to the orchard for one last visit before they close for the year. It's a bit nippy out today, but still very nice.

And, how could I forget, it's Friday! The weekend cometh!

No comments: