Monday, November 9, 2009

A ripoff!?!

Well, it turns out our great deal on a boat was too good to be true! We'd been praying that if this wasn't the right boat, that if would become obvious. Well, it's obvious, and it wasn't even a real boat!!

Friday I received an email invoice from the seller with instructions on how to use Google Checkout to complete the transaction. Google Checkout is totally legit, and is kind of like Paypal, a third party that you can use to complete a transaction without giving them your financial data. Except that this email said I should wire money to Google Checkout to complete the transaction. I was pretty suspicious! So I did a little looking and digging, tried calling the seller ... nothing. Google Checkout doesn't use anything but credit cards to finance deals. The so-called seller never returned calls or emails. Bummer! I guess the guy must have been a scam artist. We're very thankful that we didn't put any money, only a little time, into the process.

So we're back to square one looking for a boat. The process continues.

We had a nice, full weekend. On Friday night, the kids stayed with my sister Amy and her family, while Cyndie and I had a day of couple-ness (we'll take their kids in a couple of weeks). We went out to Indian food down near Amy and Dave's house and then rented a movie to watch at home. Cyndie wasn't feeling 100%, so we kind of layed low on Saturday, but did make it out of take a walk by the lake and a nice fall drive. Saturday evening was a road rally at church. It was a lot of fun ... driving all over Walworth county following clues.

Sunday was low-key, with church in the evening.

So now it's back to Monday. It's a short-ish week of school for the kids. They have two half-days (which means that Timmy only has 3 days of school). Last week was the end of the first quarter, so we have parent-teacher conferences on Thursday.

1 comment:

Gow_spot said...

Wow....a road rally sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Did you win !?!?!?

-"Anonymous"