Monday, November 23, 2009

Short week Monday morning

Yeah baby! Here at Wildwood DeVries blog headquarters, we are celebrating a short work week which means ... a long weekend! I'm in the office today, then two days at home for work, then a four day weekend filled with family and relaxation. I'm looking forward to it!

Last weekend went quickly for us. After the cousins left on Saturday, we had Coffee Shop (our church small group) at our place. That was a good time of connection and building relationships. Sunday we got a few projects done around the house in the morning, then Gowans came over and Cyndie took some family pictures of them (with help from her number one assistant, Ms. Emma DeVries). We all enjoyed a light lunch together before quiet time. Then there was church and the weekend was effectively over!

We're hoping that we have the jacuzzi leak fixed. I found what I think caused the problem on Friday, got the replacement pipe/patch stuff on Saturday, fixed part 1 on Sunday, and the second part this morning before work. Now it has to cure for a day, then we'll try it! The leak was right at a pressure/stress point in some flexible tubing, so I think over the years it just got stressed more and more until the point that it just broke. That also made it difficult to patch. I guess we'll see! We're hoping to test it tomorrow, and then fill it so that when the family crew is around over the weekend, we'll have the jacuzzi as a useful thing!

No comments: