Friday, May 7, 2010

Dark Days for the Wildwood DeVries

And I mean that literally. I'm sitting here in my office, and it looks like it's dusk. And that may be being generous. Man, the rain started last night and we were treated to quite the thunderstorm. It was really strange thunder in that it was not the normal big "bang", but was this long, rumbling noise that lasted 10 - 15 seconds a shot. It really sounded a lot more like an earthquake than thunder, and it even shook the house a bit. The lightning was really almost an afterthought. Strange storm.

So that's what's leading us into the weekend. Cyndie and Emma have a Brownies camp out tonight. The weather is obviously impacting that. They'll either move inside at the Girl Scouts facility where they are going, or relocate the camp out to Woods School's gym. Either way, they'll have fun. Timmy and I are doing our own thing. It will likely include bowling, which was Timmy's request.

No comments: