Well, phase 1 of the Viking Cinema V2.0 is complete. We have the screen and projector up, I wired a socket to the ceiling so I don't have cords hanging down, and the BluRay player is in the house. In honor of that achievement, Cyndie and I watched a movie last night ... Made of Honor. I'd ordered several BluRays from the library, and it's what came first. The movie was a pretty standard Romantic Comedy, fun enough to watch. The difference from the cheap DVD player to the nice BluRay was HUGE. And apparently Pepper is impressed with the quality of the image too. Every time a dog came on the screen, he growled at it. Fun times.
In other news, the deck is continuing to proceed. We have about 40% of the decking down, and can now use the stairs and the grill again. I think the contractor and his team will be back for several hours over the weekend to get the rest of the decking in place. Timmy has enjoyed watching the team work. This morning he's walking around with his play hammer in his pocket and he's carrying a bunch of nails and other toys stuff around like the contractors do. He said he's building a deck for Tiny and Jack.
The other excitement (I guess you can call it that) over night is that Tim and Emma were playing out in the woods yesterday evening. When they cam in, Timmy didn't have his glasses. Apparently he'd taken them off to put a mask on. Well, I sent them back out to look, no dice. So Timmy was in big trouble ... no TV for a week. Fortunately, Cyndie found them after looking for about 45 minutes this morning. It was hilarious. At breakfast, the kids usually watch a TV show while they eat. Timmy had to sit with his back to TV. He's seen the iCarly episodes often enough, he was describing the action on the screen based on the dialogue. Nice.
Timmy construction man
No comments:
Post a Comment