- Search Team - the team at church that I've been leading in the task of finding our next pastor has nominated a pastor for our church. He'll come to speak at the church on the 16th of May, after which I'll know if we're done or not! Since this has been a 5 - 6 hours a week gig, I'll be glad if we're done!
- Bowling - Finished at the end of April. Fun, but time consuming.
- Duplex - We closed on the duplex last Friday, and collected the May rent on Saturday! So far so good (three days in)! Right now we're working on getting a new roof put on.
- Dining Room - We worked hard and redid the dining room, including new built in cabinets to take the place of the china cabinet. It's not quite finished, but we've made very good progress!
Over the weekend, Cyndie had a scrapbooking retreat. She was proud to say that she is now "caught up" through the end of 2007 including our move. The kids and I did a trip down to Dave and Amy's (overnight on Friday) and then I hit Costco in the morning. Friday evening we had an impromptu potluck BBQ with our small group from church. Sunday morning we headed over to the hotel where the scrapbooking retreat was and swam for a while in the pool. All in all, a nice weekend for all of the Wildwood DeVries.
This week will be busy for Emma. She has her K - 2 grade play, at which the 2nd graders are all the leads. She's very excited, but a little nervous too. Today after school she has a hike with her Brownie troop. Then Friday to Saturday she has an overnight with her troop.
News on the Timmy front is that he has his first loose tooth. It's been loose for a bit, but I'm finally thinking of these things, so you get the news now!
The weather is getting nicer and nicer. It looks really good for tomorrow, so maybe we'll try to get out on the boat during the late afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment