Friday, April 11, 2008

Beautiful ... mostly!

It's a beautiful Friday morning. I took the trash out this morning at 7 am in shorts and a t-shirt with no shoes on and I wasn't really even chilled. A couple of hours later, the sun is out and it's really rather pleasant, just pretty windy. The rain appears to have gone home for at least a few hours. I think it's supposed to be in the 50s today.

Emma has a friend coming over this afternoon after school. Then tonight Rachelle the baby sitter is coming over and Cyndie and I are going to go to a Japanese place over in Delavan.

The bed is coming along just fine. It's all sanded down. Last night I built the drawers. I just need to mount them now and then we'll be ready to paint!! I'm sure it will take a couple of coats, so I would guess we'll be painting through the weekend.

Timmy is wearing big boy undies ... no accidents yet, although it's only been a day. He and Emma have been enjoying his new video that he got as a reward ... What's New Scooby Doo* (Season 1). They really like that show (we've borrowed several from the library).



*Whenever they watch Scooby Doo, I always laugh because Casey Kasem is the voice for Shaggy and I totally recognize him. I guess that comes from a lot of listening to Casey Kasem's Top 40 countdown when I was a kid.

Tomorrow we'll be down in Crystal Lake for Ben's birthday party.

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

So who's ahead in the Twins vs. Royals games so far? Hmmm...I believe that would be the Twins 4 to 2! =)