Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Measure twice, cut once ... or something
So I learned a little lesson last night. After working on the bookshelves/Barbie house for much of a week, I was finished and so solicited Cyndie's help to carry the beast upstairs. I was a bit concerned that, due to the length, we might have a problem getting it around the corners and up the stairs. It turns out that that should not have concerned me. Rather, I should have thought to measure the width of the hallway ... 35 and three quarters inches ... to see if the width of the bookshelves ... 36 and one quarter inches ... was too great. Your answer (for you math whizzes playing along at home) ... yes, it is too great. Fortunately, there is an end piece which is 3/4 of an inch thick that I can remove fairly easily ... hopefully we'll make it after that ... it will be tight!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Bummer...hope you've gotten them up there!
Post a Comment