Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Some success

So we've gotten a request for some pictures of Emma's room in progress. I'll have to see if I can get some up here. It's more difficult now that my computer doesn't have the SD card slot which makes it easier to download pictures off the camera!

Now onto the title of this post. Cyndie, after a marathon shopping trip Monday night at Wal-mart for material for Emma's curtains, took a trip to Shopko to return some bar stools we'd purchased*. Anyway, thrifty her, she found some table clothes that are perfect that she got for a total of $8. This as opposed to the two different options she'd found at Wal-mart for $100 each! It turns out that the table clothes were supposed to be $12 each, but someone had mis-marked them. Nevertheless, we got the $2 price!!

*That's a whole different story! The stools were a good deal and matched our existing bar stools, so we thought we'd get two for when guests are over (to go in at the kitchen table). Well Cyndie got them home, and assembled one, and then discovered that the leather on the seat was sun bleached ... meaning there was a weird light spot on the top. The other stool was warped. It was very strange. Fortunately (other than the unneeded work of assembling a bad stool), it was fairly easy to return them and get some that were in good condition.

Now I'm sitting here working and there's a nice rain falling outside. I have the window open even though it's a bit cool outside because the sound of the rain is so nice!

1 comment:

Jane D. said...

Way to go Cyndie on the bargain shopping! Yes, we want photos!!! And exciting that I'll have a stool to sit on next visit! I just got a ticket to go see the Gowans over Memorial Day so I'm not sure when my next trip your way will fall....