Saturday, January 23, 2010

Adventures

So, this is the "Dad and kids home alone" blog.

Cyndie is off enjoying her "me time/ladies weekend". The kids and I went to swim over at the hotel that the scrapbooking thing is at last night. It's a great set up and Cyndie was having a nice time. The pool was awesome ... pretty warm, big, and we had it all to ourselves. It's been a while since the kids have swum (or should that be swam), so they totally enjoyed themselves too.

On the homefront, the kids favorite passtime the last several days is to put cushions/pillows on the floor and then run around in circles using a combination of the cushions, pillows, and furniture. It's really funny. Yesterday I was wrapping up some work and they were playing ... they even made up rules. You run around in circles. If one of them falls, then they both go back to their starting position. They made a cookie station on the hearth (with cookies up on the mantle), and a cooling station (three bar chairs pushed together under the fan, with two bags of ice to put on their arms). It's really quite humorous to see.

So (of course), the big excitement for the day was to go do Emma's adventure. Let me just say that it was quite a process. Emma is very excited, but I've been sworn to secrecy until Mommy gets home, so I can't reveal yet. Stay tuned to this space for the exciting secret reveal!

No comments: