Eat Healthier
- Eat smaller portions (smaller bites, chewing longer, using a smaller plate) - Still doing a pretty good job of this. I have noticed that if I'm in a hurry, I tend to forget this ... for instance last night! I think I'm doing a fairly good job of only eating when I'm hungry, and then only eating enough to not be hungry anymore.
- Two snacks a day to help manage hunger (morning and afternoon). The snacks must be either fruit or vegetable ... no carbs (a notorious DeVries week spot) - Still sticking to this pretty well.
- Drink lots of water - Check.
- No snacks after the kids go to bed - Oops, I cheated a couple of times!
- Decaf coffee in the morning (probably unrelated to weight at all, but I have been taking blood pressure medicine, so I don't think I need the caffeine. - Check.
- Go to bed at a decent time (hard to measure this one, but it's important) - Eh, not doing so hot on this one, but as you'll see below, I think some of the other changes have overcome this.
- Work out four times a week. - Doing very well. I'm starting to see some results in the musculature area ... now I need to lose some fat!
Continuing to feel an increased energy level. I also feel like I've reversed the trend of adding fat and am now subtracting it, though I know it will take a while to get rid of what I'd like. I think a better posture would help this. I was noticing, while I was stretching this morning, that I haven't really had any back soreness for a while. I think this is a combination of increased musculature from situps, and better flexibility from stretching.
Grade - B, Didn't eat as well as I could have, but no egregious cheats. Work outs are going well. Still need to improve bed-time, though I'm not feeling tired during the day, so my energy level remains pretty good.
No comments:
Post a Comment