Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Neal's Healthy Living Challenge Recap

Here's what we've come up with so far ...

Eat Healthier
  • Eat smaller portions (smaller bites, chewing longer, using a smaller plate)
  • Two snacks a day to help manage hunger (morning and afternoon). The snacks must be either fruit or vegetable ... no carbs (a notorious DeVries week spot)
  • Drink lots of water
  • No snacks after the kids go to bed
  • Decaf coffee in the morning (probably unrelated to weight at all, but I have been taking blood pressure medicine, so I don't think I need the caffeine.
Live Healthier
  • Go to bed at a decent time (hard to measure this one, but it's important)
  • Work out four times a week
Goal
  • What can I use for a goal ... suggestions (of my own and from the peanut gallery): measurements, distribution of weight, how I feel, how I look in the mirror.
Participants
  • Me, Cyndie, my sister Laura. I've heard from others of you, but so far no one else that wants to go on record!
So far so good on my part. I'll see how things go over the weekend, which is the DeVries Christmas weekend ... different houses and different foods. Look for an update on Monday

No comments: