So the spring that has begun in Wildwood land is definitely continuing. At work, over lunch, I took my first walk of the spring. It was a little nippy with the wind, but it was definitely nice to be outside and enjoying the beautiful weather. I saw birds hopping around, and only the slightest hints of brown, dirt encrusted snow/slush piles in ditches and under trees.
This evening was family night. Family night has come to mean pizza for the Wildwood DeVries. We intended to try a little pizza joint in Williams Bay, but apparently it is closed on Mondays, as is another little pizza joint we've used before in Lake Geneva. What's up with these little towns? Don't they know we need our pizza. Fortunately, I tried calling both on the way home, and was still far enough away to run by the Papa Murphy's in Delavan (which makes uncooked pizzas). So we had ourselves some excellent stuffed, meatlovers pizza for dinner.
Following our meal, team Wildwood DeVries took to the field for some spring training. There was much cracking of the bat and slapping of the gloves as we did a little hitting and played some catch in the front yard. The grass was still a bit soggy what with the frost still melting and all, but fun was had by all.
And finally, to end our second consecutive spring oriented post, I (not so humbly) point out that I have accurately predicted the coming of spring. About a month ago I said that it would be about a month until the snow was gone and we were fully into spring, and voila, here we are. Spring!! It's supposed to be in the high 50s this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment