Friday, March 12, 2010

Yes, Spring.

I keep meaning to post something about the weather, but something always comes up. So here is the post.

It's definitely spring. I've heard birds chirping ... woke up to that this morning in fact. The ground is almost entirely uncovered of snow, though is it very wet and sloppy. We've had rain showers and fog a lot the last several days. The only places I see snow any more are where there were large piles of snow, or under the trees where the snow doesn't hit. Emma told me the other day that she can't wait for the ground to be clear so that she doesn't have to get "all the clothes on" to go out to play. Now all we need is for the ground to dry out a bit and for something to start growing ... it's pretty brown out there right now!

Speaking of the kids, they had their first gymnastics class on Wednesday and really enjoyed that. It's a bit steep in the price category, but I think they'll get a lot out of it.

Today Cyndie is leaving for a day and a half women's retreat down in Illinois with her friend Sherri. The kids and I are going to rough it at home. Laura, Gow and the girls are coming over tonight for an American Idol-a-thon. Fun stuff.

No comments: