Friday, May 2, 2008

Bach'n it

That's bach'n as in bachelor, not bach'n as in Johan Sebastian.


Well, Cyndie got on the road okay this morning a little before eight. Her flight out of Ohare was sometime around 11:30 or so. The kids and I are doing just fine after 45 minutes! The plan is to pick Emma up at school after school gets out at noon, and then we'll head down to Sarah, Benny, and Kristi's for the afternoon and dinner. The kids are excited and the back of the Suburban is loaded with bikes, roller blades, and scooters ... now hopefully the weather* cooperates.

*As I was walking Albert this morning, it was the first morning that it really felt like summer. At 7:45, it was already very warm and there was a lot of humidity in the air. It was nice after a week or so of pretty cold weather.

The forecast for today is for high winds and possible heavy thunderstorms, including some hail. So we'll see what happens! If worse comes to worse, Dave and Amy have a big basement!

No, for your viewing pleasure, a fairly recent photo of the new niece, Sally Jane*:


*I'm reminded that I'm not really sure what Laura and Gow are actually calling the girl ... is she going to go by Sally, Sally Jane, Hey You? If you are a parent to the kid, or if you have inside knowledge of the situation, please feel free to chime in.

So that's today's story.

No comments: