Well, we're done ... all partied out. We made it through though! We got started at about 8 am getting everything out and up and ready. About 9:20, the first people started to show up. I think we ended up with a good forty or so people ... probably 25 kids and 15 parents. It was a lot of fun. There were kids from Emma's school (mostly kindergarteners, but a few first graders Emma plays with), the neighborhood, church, and cousins. Many thanks to those of you who were around to help out. We had the bounce house up; an obstacle course (Jack's Race ... named after Timmy's imaginary mouse friend); a bean bag toss (made back when Cyndie was a kid ... it is initialed with TJ ... Tanya Johnson? anyone know?); a "wrecking ball" game (swing a ball on a rope and try to knock down cups while avoiding obstacles in the way); a car jump game; jump rope; swings. After doing that for a bit we had cotton candy ... it was outstanding!! Then did cake and presents. The day was beautiful ... high 60s I'd guess with a nice breeze. We're pooped now. Emma and Timmy are playing with some of the new toys (Emma made quite a haul!). I believe they are playing "Troy and Gabriella" (High School Musical anyone?).
While the kids were having quiet time this afternoon I returned the cotton candy machine and helium tank and picked up my new lawn tractor! Emma and Timmy rode in the trailer and we drove down to the stop sign ... roaring along at a 5 miles per hour clip! I have to admit it was a bit of a let down to get it but then have the lawn not need to be mowed and no other chores to do! Oh well, I'm sure that will come, and more of it than I want!
So it's been a full weekend already. Yesterday Amy and the kids were up and we ended up kind of having a family birthday celebration (with Mom and Dad and Auntie Karen over too). And of course, we had to try out the cotton candy machine to make sure it would be ready for today!!
We'll probably be hitting the sack early tonight. We're pooped after having spent most of the day out in the sun and breeze. Emma had a great birthday party!
No comments:
Post a Comment