Well, we played it pretty quiet yesterday. Since we had a pretty busy Mother's Day (including relatives and trying to get some stuff done for Emma's party), we decided to make yesterday the practical Mother's Day for Cyndie. It actually worked out well because I didn't have worship team. So she slept in and then we went to church. After church, I made lunch while the kids played with Emma's new toys. Then we did a little more clean up from the party and a then went to Wal-Mart because the gift card that Emma got from Auntie Karen was burning a hole in her cute new wallet.* Emma ended up getting a gum ball machine and buying Timmy a Hot Wheels. It's amazing because she has a really hard time sharing her toys with him, but is very generous with her money. We also stopped to get some gold fish.**
*Emma has been carrying that wallet around everywhere (I can't even remember who gave it to her). She put her money that she's been saving in it and she had a coupon someone gave her for an ice cream cone at McDonald's, and, of course, the gift card ("credit card" in her lexicon).
**I'm not sure how we ended up buying goldfish. I think that Emma and Timmy were talking about what they wanted to get at Wal-Mart and Timmy came up with that. Anyway, we ended up with 5 goldfish, just the cheapy feeder type of fish for a grand total of something like $1. I think that the food we bought for them was more expensive.
Then we went to McDonald's for dinner ... all in all, it was a very relaxing day. Today is Emma's actual birthday and she is very excited to bring cupcakes to school and be able to pick out a present in the birthday box.
We should have a fairly normal week ahead of us. I will probably end up going to Peoria, IL for work either at the end of this week or beginning of next.
No comments:
Post a Comment