So today I'm back to the regular routine of make breakfast, make Emma's lunch, get the kids dressed, put away the dishes from last night, eat breakfast, walk upstairs in my jammies to start working ... shower mid-morning! Yes, there was no 50 minute commute to Waukesha today. Ahhh, but it is short-lived as I have to go in tomorrow again, and will likely be in at least a couple of other times in the next week. I think after that, things will settle down again and I'll be working from home almost exclusively until at least April.
Yesterday was pretty normal. We spent quite a bit of time playing outside after I got home from work before dinner. I think we're going to switch our "after school" routine around to where the kids get to watch their normal after quiet time movie after dinner instead so as to better make use of daylight hours. Since Emma gets home around 3:30 (when we pick her up) or 4 (in the odd case where she rides the bus), when daylight savings kicks in, there will be very little daylight left for her to be outside. We'll see how that works out.
The big event of yesterday was Cyndie's "Clothing Exchange for Charity". She invited a bunch of her friends (I think they ended up with around 15 ladies) over to exchange kids clothes and stuff. Everyone brought their kids gear that their kids were done with and then it was basically a big garage sale in the basement. Each clothes item was $.25. All the proceeds went to a shelter for young women called the Agape House. So everyone got cheap clothes, and a very worthy charity was helped out. I think they ended up raising $130. Pretty darn good for $.25 clothes! Plus all the ladies had a good time hanging out and talking. I think Cyndie plans on doing that again in the spring ... probably twice a year in all. Part of the fun of it was how excited Emma was to help set up. She wanted to be down there organizing and making signs and stuff all the time for the 4 or 5 days before when Cyndie was getting ready. Fun stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment