Sunday, May 25, 2008

Indy movie review

So, I went to see the new Indiana Jones movie friday night with three guys from church. I'd recap my experience this way ... I went in with pretty low expectations, and the movie didn't meet my expectations!




On the plus side, Harrison Ford looked great for a 65 year old guy. Not a ton different than the previous movies and they didn't try to play him as if he was the same character. Let's see, that's about it for the plusses.

Conversely, there was just too much suspension of belief required to watch the movie. The whole premise was just poor and the story pretty poorly conceived. There were a lot of cliches and rip offs from other movies. Basically, they were just trying too hard to make an Indiana Jones movie and it became just a stereotype of other Indy movies. Oh well!

If you're in the mood for a movie, I'd definitely suggest Iron Man for a light weight, yet satisfying summer movie. I'm still excited to see Prince Caspian, the latest Narnia movie and waiting for The Dark Knight, the latest Batman movie when it comes out.

1 comment:

Gow_spot said...

i totally disagree.
it was entertaining- light- fun- typical indie movie.

so the alien thing was a massive stretch for me.... but other than that.. it was entertaining...